grade II * listed hall on the northern outskirts of Huddersfield
dates from the early 1530's and has undergone fairly extensive
alteration and rebuilding over its 500 year history. Sandwiched
between the hall range and the west wing are the remains of the
1530 timber frame with its wattle and dawb infill and a fine king
post truss. The west wing of the hall had suffered from vandalism
and was on the EH building at risk register and we were appointed
to bring this
element back into habitable use.
began the process with an historic recording and condition report
which was followed by some emergency repair works to leaded windows,
chimneys and the porch which had suffered theft of its roof slates.
Submissions for planning, listed building and building regulations
were then submitted for some minor alterations which included
installation of insulation, new electrical services, a heating
system, bathroom and connections for a kitchen as well as removal
of some insensitive alterations undertaken during the 20th century
when the property had been subdivided.
works bring the whole hall into the same family ownership and
have been completed with minimal impact on the historic structure,
fixtures and fittings which include some fine 17th century oak